Prevention & Tips
Thetis Island Fire/First Responder|
Property Address Numbering
Remember - Seconds Count!
- Numbers must be a minimum of 3″ high, placed on a contrasting background (e.g. black numbers on a white background).
- These numbers must be visible from both directions of travel on the main thoroughfare.
- When you share a common driveway, your address must also be posted at the driveway junction, again easily visible.
- Maintain your address numbering, by clearing away undergrowth and making sure quality of the numbers is maintained. Renew and or repaint fading numbers when needed.
- Lots numbers are an extremely important issue. Besides being a reference point to all persons using the roadway, they can be critically important to Police, First Responders and the Fire Department trying to find you in your time of need.
- Having your Lot number sign maintained and visible is the Fire Department′s greatest tool when responding to your home.
© 2005 - Thetis Island Improvement District